Adopted: October 31, 2018
Updated: January, 2023
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please refer to the end of this Policy for information about how to contact us.
1. INFORMATION COLLECTED
a. Information Provided by You
We collect personal information from you when you choose to share it with us. This may include when you enroll as a customer of our Products, create an account or profile with us, or otherwise contact or request information from us.
The personal information we collect may include, but may not be limited to:
- Contact information, such as your name, address, email address, telephone or mobile number;
- Date of birth;
- Screen or user name and passcode for our website;
- Demographic information;
- A credit/debit card number or other financial information if you enroll in one of our Products or otherwise make a purchase from us; and
- Your Social Security number.
We may also receive certain information about you from a third party when you choose to link to us based on your registration and privacy settings on those third party services. This information may include name, user name, demographic information, updated address or contact information, interests, and publicly-observed data.
b. Information Automatically Collected
For example, we may automatically collect certain non-personal information from you, including but not limited to your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, your operating system, the browser type, device type, unique device identifier of any of your computer(s) or device(s) that are used to access our website, software version, geolocation, phone model, phone operating system, carrier information, the address of a referring website. We also may collect information about your use of our website, including the date and time you visit our website, the areas or pages of our website that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing or using our website, the number of times you return to our website, other click-stream or site usage data, emails that you open, forward or click-through to our website, and other sites that you may visit.
We may also use third party vendors and advertisements to support our website. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, or clear gifs when they advertise on our website, which may send these advertisers information including your non-personal information.
c. Information Collected From Other Sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources, including from third party data suppliers, your local electric utility, and public databases. This information may include, but may not be limited to, contact information, demographic data, interests and purchasing behavior, and other navigation data, such as websites visited and advertisements viewed or clicked on.
d. Information Collected by Third Parties
Whenever you sign-up for and use the Products, your utility company will collect certain information from you including property address and utility company account number. Collection of such information by your utility company is not governed by this Policy. The terms of your utility company’s privacy policies will apply.
e. Combination of Information
We may combine the information we receive from and about you, including information you provide to us and information we automatically collect through our website, as well as information collected from other online or offline sources, or from third party sources. This Policy is in no way intended to restrict or limit our collection and use of personal or aggregate information.
f. Public Forums
Any information you may disclose on our website, in blogs, message boards, chat rooms, groups, or on other public areas on our website, or other third-party websites that our website may link to, becomes public information. Please exercise caution when disclosing personal information in these public areas, as we are not responsible for the actions of any third parties with whom you share your information.
g. Tracking Options and California Do Not Track Disclosures
Certain parts of our website require cookies. You are free to set your browser or operating system settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features on our website or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Please refer to your Web browser’s or operating system’s website or “Help” section for more information on how to delete and/or disable your browser or operating system from receiving cookies or controlling your tracking preferences.
Our system does not respond to web browser “do not track” signals. For more information or to “opt out” of certain collection practices, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) opt-out page by clicking here.
2. Use of Information Collected
a. To Provide the Products, and related functions
We may use the information we collect from and about you for any of the following purposes:
- to provide you with Products, or other services, products, or information you request, and to process and complete such requests and any related transactions;
- to send you confirmations, updates, alerts, and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Products, including to notify you about important changes to the Products;
- to respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, and requests and to provide customer service;
- to use and disclose your credit/debit card and other financial information to process payments, prevent fraud, and determine your eligibility for select products and services;
- to request feedback and to otherwise contact you about your use of the Products;
- to perform analytics on our customer base to better understand how we can improve our Products, and to provide you with customized Products content, based on the information you provide when using the Products, or other websites or apps;
- to send you email or direct mail, or otherwise provide you with information or services you request or that we think will be of interest to you from us or on behalf of our partners and affiliates, such as sending you information to keep you informed about various issues, events, resources, promotions, contests, discounts, products and services, or notifying and contacting you if you are a contest or sweepstakes entrant;
- to monitor and analyze website usage and trends, and to personalize and improve the Products and our users’ experiences with the Products, such as providing content, or features that match your interests, and to increase our website’s functionality and user friendliness;
- to develop new products or services and to conduct analysis to enhance current products and services;
- to contact you if other information is necessary under federal or state laws; and
- as otherwise described to you at the point of data collection.
b. For Third Party Use
We may share or disclose the information we collect from and about you as follows:
- with your local electric utility to fulfill enrollment of the Energy Service;
- with our affiliates or subsidiary companies, some of which do not share the same brand name as us;
- with vendors, consultants, partner organizations and other service providers or volunteers that provide business, professional or technical support functions for us;
- to our partners, affiliates, and other third parties that may have offers of interest to you or that may assist others in providing offers of interest to you;
- to report required information to any state or federal licensing authority for the purposes of compliance with our requirements under the law;
- when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you, that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, claims or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- when we believe in good faith that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to respond to claims or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Rewild, our users, our employees, our volunteers, copyright owners, third parties or the public, including without limitation to protect such parties from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate, or unlawful activity or use of our Products;
- as necessary if we believe that there has been a violation of this Policy, our Terms of Service, our other policies or agreements, or of our rights or the rights of any third party; and
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any reorganization, formation of a new company, asset sale or transfer, financing or lending transaction or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of Rewild.
Nothing herein is intended to restrict the sharing of aggregated or anonymized information, which may be shared with third parties without restriction.
3. Protection of Information Collected1
We take reasonable measures to safeguard the information we collect from and about our Energy Service customers and website visitors. While we make every effort to help ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee our security measures. To help protect the confidentiality of your information, you must keep your password and account information confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all uses of Products by any person using your password. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused.
a. Children’s Privacy
Protecting children’s privacy is important to us. We do not direct our website to, or knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 13. If we learn that personal information of persons less than 13 years-of-age has been collected through our website, we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
b. “Opt Out”
You may “opt out” of receiving any text messages or promotional email updates from us, but please note that we may still send you other types of texts or emails (such as those concerning your use of our Products), and may use your information as otherwise described in this Policy, even if you opt out of receiving promotional information.
c. Revisions to this Policy
Each time you use our Products, the current version of the Policy will apply. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to change, modify, add, remove, or otherwise revise the provisions of this Policy at any time. We will alert you that changes have been made by indicating on the Policy the date it was last updated. Your continued use of the Products following the posting of changes to these terms means you accept these changes. If we change the Policy in a material way, we will provide appropriate notice to you.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at [email protected].
1 For California residents only. If you are a California resident and have provided your personal information to Rewild, in accordance with California law, you may request information about our disclosures of certain categories of personal information to third parties or affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes. To make such request, please contact us via our website.